A good 750 years ago, in 1263, the country Hesse was born in Langsdorf: Following the hesse-thuringian cussession wars (1247 – 1264) and disputes between Margrafe Heinrich the illustrious of Meißen, Sopie of Brabant and the Archbishop of Mainz, Werner of Eppstein about territories
they all in Langsdorf signed a contract, which sealed the detachment of Hesse from Thuringia and the sovereignty of Hesse. Heinrich i. became first landgrave of Hesse.
The charter of can be found in the Bavarian State Archives in Würzburg.
In the Middle Ages Langsdorf was secured by surrounding walls. In 1806 it belonged to the Counts of Solms-Braunfels, later to the Grand Duchy Hessen-Darmstadt.
The church tower had been built in the 13th century on the verge from the Romanesque to the Gothic style. At its south side one can find a romanesque (rounded) portal and further up a window with a pointed (gothic) arch.
The nave has been rebuilt in 1780 - 1782 as a transverse church with typical reformed elements: altar, pulpit and organ in a vertical line and the pews at the sides facing the altar.
Unusual for a reformed (Swiss Reformation) church the ceiling as a stucca lutheran rose ornament.
The old cemetery holds some remarkable grave stones, especially worth having a look at is the one of Christian Jacob von Zwierlein (died 10.8.1793).
The half-timbered mayors house in "Oberstraße 31" dates from 1698 with an oriel on the first floor from 1921. There is an old pillory with irons and a bracket for signs that stated the crime.
In Oberstrße there is the house of the former member of the Reichstag Philipp Köhler, built in 1663. In "Reichsgasse 1" a half-timbered house is noteworthy.
The houses in "Reichsgasse 8" and "Reichsgasse 23", so called "Haus im Hegerich", erected 1561 - 1563 belong to the old manor. The latter shows elements of houses typically for Lower Saxony for the builder came from that area. Gates as the one adjacent from 11774 are seldom to be found in Langsdorf.
The house "Erbsengasse 7" used to be the synagogue.